Drugs by Letter:
Compare Elavil prices
Price per pill, $
Where to buy Elavil with Visa or MasterCard?
Get 30% off from Online Pharmacy:
Remember this discount coupon code: 01092020
Tip: How to Use Discount Coupon Code?
1. Click this banner and go to Online Pharmacy.
2. Choice products and click "Add to cart".
3. Go to "Checkout" and enter your credit card Visa or MasterCard info.
4. Type or paste the coupon code 01092020 above in the "Discount Coupon" box and press button "Add".
5. Complete your online purchase.
Elavil No Prescription
Elavil is prescribed to relieve symptoms of depression such as:
- Loss of interest in daily activities changes in appetite tiredness sleeping too much insomnia thoughts of death or suicide;
- Feelings of sadness worthlessness or guilt;
Elavil How to take
Avoid eating or drinking grapefruit juice while taking Elavil.
Do not miss any doses.
Elavil may be taken with food or on an empty stomach.
Elavil may take up to 30 days to control symptoms of depression.
Use as directed by your doctor. Continue to use Elavil even if you feel well.
Elavil Side Effects
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
- Trouble sleeping;
- Loss of appetite;
- Dry mouth;
- Change in sexual desire or ability;
- Blurred vision;
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- Chest pain;
- Dark urine;
- Difficulty breathing;
- Difficulty speaking or swallowing;
- Exaggerated feeling of well-being;
- Face lips or tongue;
- Fast or irregular heartbeat;
- Fever chills or sore throat;
- Inability to sit still;
- New or worsening agitation;
- Numbness or tingling in an arm or leg;
- One-sided weakness;
- Panic attacks;
- Severe allergic reactions;
- Severe or persistent dizziness or headache;
- Severe or persistent trouble sleeping;
- Slurred speech;
- Suicidal thoughts or actions;
- Swelling of the mouth;
- Tightness in the chest;
- Trouble urinating;
- Uncontrolled muscle movements (eg of face, tongue, arms, legs);
- Unusual bleeding or bruising;
- Unusual or severe mental or mood changes;
- Vision problems;
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes;
Symptoms of overdose may include:
- Urinary retention;
- Respiratory depression;
- Renal failure;
- Paralytic ileus;
- Muscle rigidity;
- Loss of consciousness;
- Fast or irregular heartbeat;
- Enlarged pupils;
- Dry mouth;
- Disorders of ocular motility;
- Decreased GI motility;
- Cardiovascular toxicity;
If you suspect an overdose of Elavil, seek medical attention immediately.
Some medical conditions may interact with Elavil. Tell your doctor if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding;
- If you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement;
- If you have a history of mental illness (eg, bipolar disorder, mania, manic-depression), or have considered or attempted suicide;
- If you have a history of seizures, epilepsy, or porphyria;
- If you have alcoholism or regularly consume 3 or more alcoholic beverages per day;
- If you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances;
- If you have glaucoma, an irregular heartbeat, heart disease, chest pain, liver disease, prostate problems, thyroid disease, or are unable to urinate (urinary retention);
Avoid drinking alcohol or taking other medicines that cause drowsiness (eg, sedatives, tranquilizers) while taking Elavil.
Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun and other ultraviolet light (eg, tanning beds). Use sunscreens and wear protective clothing until tolerance is determined.
Before you have any medical or dental treatments, emergency care, or surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are using Elavil.
Check blood sugar levels closely. Ask your doctor before you change the dose of your diabetes medicine.
Contact your doctor at once if new, worsened, or sudden symptoms such as depressed mood, anxious, restless, or irritable behavior panic attacks, or any unusual change in mood or behavior occur.
Contact your doctor right away if any signs of suicidal thoughts or actions occur.
Contact your health care provider at once if any of the following occur: involuntary movements of the tongue, face, mouth, or jaw (eg, protrusion of tongue, puffing of cheeks, puckering of mouth, chewing movements), sometimes accompanied by involuntary movements of the arms and legs.
Diabetes patients - Elavil may affect your blood sugar.
Do not become overheated in hot weather or during exercise or other activities since heatstroke may occur.
Do not breast-feed while taking Elavil.
Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything else that could be dangerous until you know how you react to Elavil.
Elavil has been shown to cause harm to the human fetus. If you plan on becoming pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Elavil during pregnancy.
Elavil is excreted in the breast milk.
Elavil may cause dizziness, drowsiness, or blurred vision.
Elavil may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting, alcohol, hot weather, exercise, or fever may increase these effects.
Elavil may cause sensitivity to sunlight.
Elavil will add to the effects of alcohol and other depressants.
However, it is possible to develop these symptoms after short-term use at low doses.
Involuntary and uncontrollable movements may develop in patients taking Elavil.
Occurrence is highest among the elderly, especially women. The risk of developing these involuntary movements and the likelihood they will become permanent are increased with long-term use and with high doses.
To prevent them, sit up or stand slowly, especially in the morning. Sit or lie down at the first sign of any of these effects.
Use caution in the elderly, they may be more sensitive to its effects, especially lightheadedness upon standing, rapid heartbeat, breathing problems, difficult urination, and constipation.
Using Elavil alone, with other medicines, or with alcohol may lessen your ability to drive or perform other potentially dangerous tasks.
Elavil Drug Interactions
Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Anticholinergics (eg, scopolamine), bupropion, cimetidine, fluconazole, phenothiazines (eg, chlorpromazine), ssris (eg, fluoxetine), terbinafine, or valproic acid because side effects such as blurred vision, difficult urination, drowsiness or sedation, dry mouth, or lightheadedness may occur;
- Antihistamines (eg, diphenhydramine), cisapride, droperidol, ketolides (eg, telithromycin), macrolides (eg, erythromycin), mibefradil, pimozide, or streptogramins (eg, quinupristin/dalfopristin) because serious side effects on the heart (eg, racing heartbeat, dizziness, fainting, life-threatening abnormal heartbeat leading to unconsciousness, and lack of heartbeat, may be increased by Elavil;
- Carbamazepine, thyroid medicines (eg, levothyroxine, synthroid), or stimulants (eg, albuterol, pseudoephedrine) because their side effects may be increased by Elavil;
- Clonidine, guanethidine, or guanfacine because the effectiveness of these medicines may be decreased;
- Do not take mao inhibitors with, or within 2 weeks of taking, Elavil;
- Maois (eg, phenelzine, selegiline) because they can cause serious, sometimes life-threatening, reactions;
- Warfarin because side effects such as serious bleeding may be increased by Elavil;
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur.
Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
Ask your health care provider if Elavil may interact with other medicines that you take.
Elavil Missed Dose
If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule.
If you miss a dose of Elavil, take it as soon as possible.
Do not take 2 doses at once.
Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom.
Store Elavil at room temperature, below 86 degrees F (30 degrees C) in a tightly closed container.
Keep Elavil out of the reach of children and away from pets.